Email List Building
99% of consumers check their email every day!…
80% of retail professionals indicate that email marketing is their greatest driver of customer retention…
87% of marketers use email campaigns to nurture their audiences…
List-building gets a lot of attention – and that should not be any surprise. It probably sounds like a lot of work to build an email list!
It can be exhausting to think about adding another chore to your never-ending to-do list when you’re already wearing multiple hats every day in your business!
Good News: It doesn’t have to be difficult to build a list.
Email List: Useful Hacks
The Following are some quick and easy hacks to try.
- If you have a storefront, train your cashiers to ask for email addresses during checkout. This is such an easy method it’s surprising when a business doesn’t use this simple method. Let customers know they’ll get early access to sales or special coupon codes if they subscribe.
- Post about your list on social media and include a link to your opt-in form. This is a great tip if your social media following is outstepping your subscribers. It only takes a minute to do and your business can build an email list very quickly this way.
- If you have email addresses that you’ve collected from your loyalty program or other sources, you should add them to your main email list! Provided that you include an opt-out option at the bottom of the email, it shouldn’t be a problem.
- Partner with other local businesses and see if they are willing to plug you in to their email list to help you attract more customers – and vice versa of course!
- Put opt-in forms on every page of your website(s), including your home page. You may want to experiment with static opt-in forms on the margin of the page as well as pop-ups and light boxes to see what gets the biggest response.
BONUS TIP: Email List
In an email series, I like to add an enticing ‘P.S.’ at the bottom to text my next email and build anticipation.
The bottom line is that email marketing has one of the highest ROIs of any marketing technique and I recommend it to all of my clients. These local email marketing tips here will help you build a robust list, create content your subscribers will love, and grow your business!
I hope you found these tips helpful. If you have questions, contact me Be sure to stop by Facebook and follow my page: @SimpleOBD
Regina L Floyd
Online Business Development LLC